Here’s the lowdown–Google’s recent mobile regulations can impact interstitials and pop-ups, and we want our customers to be well aware of the new rules so they don’t get dinged for covering up certain mobile content.
Google recently made an update to its mobile-friendly search algorithm, making smartphone content visibility a google ranking factor. Sites that display intrusive interstitials and pop-up boxes that impact usability for searchers on smartphones may find that their content does not perform as strongly as it used to in mobile searches.
Qualaroo users should be mindful of the below criteria:
- Showing a pop-up that covers the main content, either immediately after users navigate to a page from the search results, or while they are looking through the page.
- Displaying a standalone interstitial that the user has to dismiss before accessing the main content.
That said, here are a few best practices we HIGHLY recommend:
- Always use a mobile screener when running your mobile surveys, as ours meets Google’s new SEO requirements (you’re welcome).
- Always deploy some sort of page delay, whether it be 2 seconds or 10, any delay is better than no delay.
- Be sure your banners use a reasonable amount of screen space and are easily dismissible.
If you’re still unsure of whether or not your site meets these new mobile requirements, try using this Mobile Friendly Tool, which will crawl your site and give you a green light for go, or notify you of items that violate Google’s SEO guidelines.
Or give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want insights that improve experience & conversions?
Capture customer feedback to improve customer experience & grow conversions.