In today’s competitive business environment, providing an exceptional customer experience (CX) is essential for maintaining a loyal customer base and increasing revenue.
And yet, some companies need to realize that exceptional CX is made up of small interactions at different points in the customer journey.
And so, understanding customers’ journeys and tailoring their strategies accordingly for a remarkable experience is key to retaining customers. Or else, they risk losing customers to competitors who prioritize the customer experience.
Fortunately, various customer journey mapping tools can help companies gain valuable insights into their customers’ needs, behaviors, and preferences. These tools can help businesses optimize their customer journeys and reduce customer churn.
In this article, we’ll explore the best 20 tools for customer journey mapping and how businesses can leverage them effectively.
Here are the aspects we have covered for each tool so you can make a well-informed decision:
- Best for
- G2 rating
- Customer review
Let’s get started.
Customer Journey Mapping Software Categories
Depending upon what sort of customer journey mapping tools you need, you can select from the broad categories of software we’ve broadly defined below.
|Journey Mapping & Visualisation Tools
|Collaborative Customer Journey Mapping Software
|Customer Experience Software & VoC Software
|QualarooMicrosoft VisioGliffyCustellenceUXPressiaOmniGraffleSmaplyVisual Paradigm
|AutopilotCFN InsightMaritzCXInMomentUserZoomTouchpoint Dashboard
Let’s take a look at each of these categories and tools
8 Customer Journey Mapping & Visualisation Tools
The purpose of such software is to recreate your customers’ actions throughout their journey with your product or service. No matter what you sell, your ‘average’ customer – who can be identified with user personas – goes through a series of interactions with your brand.
This broad category of customer journey mapping software helps you map out the touchpoints – the most important ones are named ‘Moments of Truth’ – so that your conversion rates go up.
Here are the customer journey mapping tools that fall in this category:
Qualaroo is an automated user research tool that lets you understand a customer’s journey via feedback. From the research stage, where a prospect is trying to find a product after identifying a need and viewing your offerings, to the stage where customers can be turned into brand advocates, Qualaroo has all the features to provide actionable insights.
Best for: Gathering accurate user insights and visualizing customers’ perception towards a particular product or service.
Price: Starts from $69 per month
- Offers pre-built survey templates and question types that allow you to only ask the right questions.
- Ability to conduct surveys like Customer Satisfaction Surveys, Customer Effort Score surveys, Ease of Use surveys, Navigation Testing, Exit Intent surveys, Building Persona surveys,, NPS surveys, and more.
- Uses question branching and skip logic to quickly get through the redundant respondents.
- Offers advanced targeting features to get higher responses, more accurate results, and ask the right people at the right time.
- Backed by AI-powered IBM Watson Sentiment Analysis to quickly mine through the open-ended responses for qualitative insights.
- Flexibility of use includes multiple device support like mobiles, tablets, and browsers.
- Ability to natively integrate with other popular tools like Slack, Zapier, Hubspot, and many more.
Integrations: Mailchimp, HubSpot, Zapier, Salesforce, and more.
- Great surveying experience with non-obtrusive surveys
- Quick and accurate reporting with real-time automatic analytics
- Allows you to embed surveys on multiple channels
- The dashboard needs a little more functionality
G2 Rating: 4.4/5
“Qualaroo made it possible to understand different customers at various geographic locations to create personalized USPs to promote our products. It helped us map customers’ interests and purchase preferences from three significant locations that we wanted to target for new market acquisitions. We initially used the same campaigns for all the locations. With Qualaroo, we uncovered the purchase priorities of each segment and crafted individual campaigns to increase overall sales and product adoption.”
You can launch contextual surveys at different critical touchpoints to improve and explore new customer journey paths.
2. Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Visio provides many interactive elements (like drag-and-drop visuals), making it a great tool for customer journey mapping through diagrams. Visio is a part of the Microsoft suite of tools and connects to many data sources and exports the maps in various formats.
Even though it can take a while to get used to the elements of the very visual interface, Visio can get the job done quite quickly once you get the hang of it.
- Supports the effortless creation of powerful diagrams.
- Can convert Microsoft Excel process map data into Visio diagrams through Data Visualizer.
- Easily documents your mapping data from Visio to Microsoft Word.
- Can break down complex mapping diagrams into single parts using Microsoft PowerPoint snippets.
- Collaborate with others to share your Visio data.
- Ensures the security of data while sharing it on different platforms.
- Offers ready-to-use templates that are based on brainstorming and project planning.
- Can connect flowcharts and diagrams to real-time data to create more accurate visualizations.
Best for: Creating powerful and professional diagrams of customer mapping and seamlessly integrating with other Microsoft applications.
Price: Starts from $5/user/month.
Integrations: Microsoft Suite
- Easy-to-use Interface
- Provides a wide range of templates and maps to work with
- Native integration with Microsoft Office
- Allows multiple users to work on the same diagram simultaneously
- Can be expensive for individual users and SMEs
- Comes with a bit of a learning curve
- Compatibility issues with other diagramming tools
G2 Rating: 4
“Frankly saying it’s the most accurate API for computer vision even google’s computer vision can’t beat it ,it gives the response in JSON object which we can parse easily using python or any other language and the best part of it is their documentation are very easy to understand for any body and then you just have to upload an image and you’ll get the result and all the tedious task like training and testing the model is removed!!”
Microsoft 365 subscribers can view, print, and share diagrams and insert comments on the go.
Gliffy is primarily a graphics and flowchart creation customer journey mapping tool that can be used to create and edit customer journey maps. It is not meant for projects (or organizations, in general) that need collaboration features to make the customer journey mapping process work effectively.
With a free Gliffy account, you are limited to constructing five journey maps, which will be available to the public. So, make sure you don’t integrate any confidential data in the maps!
Making flowcharts with Gliffy is pretty intuitive, so if your customer journey has a lot of decision points and options for the customer to consider, this customer journey mapping tool can be pretty handy.
- Ability to customize the API as per the need of the user.
- Also supports a reporting and analytics feature that gives a more detailed perspective of the data.
- Extremely easy to administer and learn.
- Ability to integrate with other popular tools like Atlassian and add visuals directly to Jira and Confluence.
- Supports drag and drop feature with ready-to-use templates to create diagrams with ease.
- Users can share the data with anyone using the URL or embedding feature.
Best for: Providing necessary visualization to management in terms of business process change and for planning workflow of the project.
Price: Starts at $3.99/user/month.
Integrations: Slack, trello, Monday.com, etc
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Offers a range of pricing plans, including a free option
- Allows multiple users to work on the same project
- Limited features
- Steep learning curve
- No offline access
G2 Rating: 4.4
“Giffy is the best customer journey mapping tool out there for diagram building. Mostly, I like the interface and how intuitive it is; because it is built like a very interactive tool, it is not difficult to figure out each one of the tools and what they are used for, as well as the fact that the guides provided by Gliffy are very helpful when initiating. When it comes to the tools, I like the drag and drop tool because it is easy to add the information for the diagrams and organize it accordingly, the templates are creative, and the editor is super helpful to have when any changes want to be made to a template.”
You can create diagrams in Confluence using Gliffy’s Confluence Cloud.
What you can do with it: A simple-to-use drag-and-drop interface allows you to not only view a map of the customer’s journey but also see the measure of their emotional experience along with the costs to implement improvements. Custellence offers a one-hour online master class to ensure that you can hit the ground running when you sign up.
- Provides a bird’s eye view of the overall data to choose the level of detail to be shown to the audience.
- Offers color-coded mapping cards to be placed inside the customer timeline for pinpointing specific instances.
- Ability to drag and drop the elements for faster diagram creation.
- Ability to invite viewers to get a detailed perspective of the project.
- The openness of the interface allows you to control how you create customer journeys and service blueprints.
- Users can also provide inputs at any point on the customer map.
- The comment section allows the users to provide detailed feedback and also open a dialogue between the team members.
Best for: Collaborating and getting feedback from the team members on the ongoing projects.
Price: Starts at $25/user/month billed annually.
- Pre-designed templates
- Flexible structure
- Multiple types of maps
- Limited customization
- Lack of integrations
G2 Rating: 4.2
“Easy to edit and add, move or amend journey stages as stakeholder discussions identify new points to capture. The mood/curve points are also very useful.”
A customer journey mapping tool that enables your team to collaborate in real-time. UXPressia also has features for creating elegant persona cards as well as impact maps. This user journey mapping tool lets you rapidly-produce a journey map using one of 30 templates tailored to specific business sectors. You can even incorporate real-time analytics.
Their online UXPressia Academy offers practical courses for those who are new to customer and user experience (UX). Want to see what the end product will look like? UXPressia doesn’t keep their maps close to the vest—you can download and use their templates based on real-life examples of customer journeys.
- Offers enhanced visualization capabilities for a better customer experience.
- You can also analyze, share and export professional customer journey maps, personas in just minutes.
- Ability to share and collaborate with teammates from all across the globe.
- Ability to define user archetype and design as per their needs to increase overall loyalty and conversion.
- Users can get feedback on their personas and maps from consultants and experts from the organization.
- Users also get a dedicated account manager and also annual account reviews.
- Ability to integrate with popular online tools like Google Analytics, Slack, and Mixpanel.
- Users can easily export to different file formats, including PPTX and many more.
Best for: Aligning team activities with overall business objectives to make better roadmap decisions with the help of impact maps.
Price: Starts at $13.3/user/month billed annually.
Integrations: Slack, Trello, Jira, Google Analytics
- Variety of integrations
- Allows custom branding and to create custom templates
- Omnichannel experience
- LImited sharing options
G2 Rating: 4.4
“Simple website to navigate through customer journey. Couple fo sample templates help to create the journey view. Free tier without credit card is appreciated for evaluation.”
You can integrate UXPressia with web analytics tools to create customer journeys backed by real-time data.
OmniGraffle (created by OmniGroup) is a handy diagramming customer journey map tool to consider if you want to make comprehensive customer journey maps. The limited shareability of the maps you create with OmniGraffle makes it a tad difficult to collaborate with colleagues across your organization, though. It has quite a sharp learning curve and doesn’t take much time to get used to.
- Ability to drill into layers and groups, change canvas, layer, and object name in the sidebar.
- Users can create infinite canvases that expand in all directions.
- Ability to make alterations to the shape’s vector points.
- Also supports SVG files, and they can be dragged and dropped in the OmniGraffle.
- Ability to convert text and lines to shapes.
- Users can secure their files and data with additional passwords and touch unlocking features.
- Unified sidebar allows users to integrate every object with layers and canvas, which makes labeling easier.
- Accurately attach lines with the help of a magnet tool.
Best for: Creating accurate diagrams using the ‘stencil’ tool and importing and exporting multimedia in various formats.
Price: Starts at $12.49/month.
- Drag-and-drop creator
- Collaborative mind mapping
- Multi-device support
- Very limited integrations
G2 Rating: 4.1
“OmniGraffle is straightforward to use, and its interface can make anyone very comfortable with making insightful image collages, templates or complex image layouts. The built-in tools are intuitive and work perfectly in an Apple Mac OSX environment. Finally, there are many format options available for exporting the jobs, which enables template sharing across different software chains.”
OmniGraffle has several features that can help you with wireframing
Through an intuitive interface, Smaply enables users to create a customer journey map that shows the overall emotional journey of a user by channel. They also offer a “live share” mode so you can broadcast your customer journey map during meetings, ensuring that the most up-to-date version is being used.
- Ability to visualize relationships between the internal stakeholders and the influence on the customer journey.
- Pre-built gallery of professional illustrations to allow better connection with the user’s experience.
- Ability to see all the backend functions and processes occurring in tandem with the customer journey.
- Persona slider allows you to visualize the persona’s character traits and much more.
- Users can import journey maps from other tools like Miro, Mural, Lucidspark, Excel.
- Ability to visualize the customer interest and intensity on a one-dimensional scale.
- Live sharing of personas with the team, manager, or clients for them to see a live version of the events.
Best for: Understanding the relationship between the customer journey and internal stakeholders to determine the opportunities to improve the customer journey.
Price: Starts at $29.99/month.
Integrations: Miro, Mural, Microsoft Excel, Google
- Provides customizable templates for customer journeys and personas
- Several personas can be incorporated in the same view
- Facilitates seamless real-time collaboration
- Formatting large user journey
- Cannot undo delete functionality
- Text formatting in sticky notes
G2 Rating: 4.6
“One of the best tools to visualize and digitize customer journey map, it’s easy to build and share with team and stakeholders. For remote teams, it is super useful to collaborate and share insights from the research. It is also easy to build persona and mapping stakeholders which are super important to gain empathy. I also like the export feature if you don’t want to invite everyone to collaborate or need it for offline viewing and print.”
8. Visual Paradigm
In addition to mapping out the customer journey with Visual Paradigm in a graphical format, you can create links within the tool that reference particular touchpoints, customer emotions, and possible solutions. These linkages can appear on the customer journey map, allowing stakeholders to dive further into your analysis when looking for solutions to gaps in the customer experience.
- Ability to use graphical tools to manage the scrum process and user stories.
- Tons of different tools for the technical staff to manage codebase, database, and enterprise architecture.
- It also offers a UX mockup tool for the developers.
- Ability to visualize business workflows with the help of Business Process Model and Notion (BPMN) to generate high-quality process reports.
- The process navigation tool allows the users to easily go through the ADM phases.
- Users can also make use of reengineering process management tools to document their plans and create new designs.
- Matrix style process map editor with over 40 design templates.
Best for: Strategic planning and process management that helps you define a business’s strategic goals.
Price: Starts at $6/month.
Integrations: NetBeans, Visual Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, etc.
- Process modeling
- Excellent Diagramming
- User-friendly GUI
- Connects form flows, libraries, and organizational charts together
- May slows down with large and complex models
- Have bugs frequently
G2 Rating: 4.4
“The best feature of the Visual Paradigm is the simplicity of its use. With little effort, everybody can quickly learn how to create, read and modify diagrams.”
6 Collaborative Customer Journey Mapping Software
A vital part of every comprehensive top customer journey mapping software list is collaboration software, which lets teams across the company share insights about your customer’s journey.
Distributing ownership of sections of the customer journey map among appropriate teams leads to better accountability and faster resolution of any gaps or hindrances in the customer journey.
LucidChart helps you draw up comprehensive diagrams to replicate the CX from start to end. Their “user story software” can also act as a guide for building a customer-focused website or app. This is because it has tools that let you map the steps of your customers’ journey as you would want them to navigate your digital product, so you (or your development team) can build suitable features and parts.
- Allows for company-wide collaboration across teams and verticals with in-editor commenting and real-time chats.
- Ability to share and publish customer journey maps and templates and also integrate with other tools seamlessly.
- Tons of nifty keyboard shortcuts to make the overall work smoother and faster.
- Ability to include links and layers to easy-to-read diagrams and keep them clean at all times.
- Users can easily style or customize shapes in the diagram to fit their project needs.
- Ability to expand your canvas by removing the sidebars and working on a bigger space.
- Ability to organize diagrams in a much better way using the containers and swimlanes.
Best for: Automating the diagramming process by just pulling up the data and letting Lucidchart automatically create them.
Price: Starts at $7.95/user/month.
Integrations: AWS, GitHub, BambooHR, Slack, Google Suite
- Drag-and-drop elements while designing
- ERD shapes with options to include keys, data types, etc.
- Structural blocks
- Builds sitemaps, mind maps, etc
- Hard to customize templates
- UI updates for document management
G2 Rating: 4.6
“Lucidchart is so straightforward and flexible. I quickly understood the objects and how to use different objects on the tool. The quick tutorial helped me get started faster, and there is a template for literally every application in a business process.”
2. Smaply (Formerly ExperienceFellow)
What you can do with it: Rather than creating a customer journey based on your understanding, Smaply brings in customers’ feedback from different points in their journey to build a map for you. Taking all the customer touchpoint data, you can export the findings as a journey map to help you determine which steps delight a user and which need improvements.
- Ability to segment customers who opt for a customer journey mapping research project by different personas and geographies.
- You can filter the responses to create a more comprehensive journey map that indicates customer sentiments.
- All the data is gathered in real-time, and it can be shared with other researchers to collaborate with them.
- Flexibility to export data as PDF, Excel, Zip file or print it as a customer journey map.
- Users can choose the type of data to collect and also the emotional scale to collect the data on.
- Ability to use filters and tags to segment the data and use it for analysis.
Best for: Triangulating analysis to single out the touchpoints that need further improvement and inviting other researchers to analyze and comment on the presented data.
Price: Starts at $10/user/month.
Integrations: Todoist, Trello, Monday.com, etc
- Handwriting Recognition to translate raw maps directly into the tool
- Lets you create customer personas and stakeholder maps
- Lack of indepth knowledge base and help articles
- Limited integration options
G2 Rating: 4.8/5
“Smaply is really helpful for mid to large size teams. Through the Smaply app, your organizations leadership can manage insights and client feedback through visualization that includes maps, charts and animated visuals. I really enjoy how that app makes intricate information digestible, which is helpful towards everyone understand their customers even more.”
Mural is a good choice if you require a ‘workspaces’ functionality that can be accessed remotely using almost any device. In these workspaces, your teams can collaborate on creating customer journey maps in-person or virtually, saving resources and time.
There are inbuilt templates as well as frameworks to draw & share insights into customer behavior in real-time with all teams.
- Effortlessly add thoughts, ideas, and feedback to projects with the help of sticky notes.
- Extensive library of icons and templates and create beautiful designs and diagrams.
- Ability to drag and drop images and gifs in the projects to enhance a collaborative session.
- You also get the option to sketch using a freehand tool to maximize creativity.
- Ability to integrate with other tools like Jira to make the workflows even more agile.
- Users can take control of the virtual rooms and manage them with ease.
- Ability to bulk edit the objects and also filter them with ease.
Best for: Enhancing the creativity and uniqueness of the projects and collaborating with the team to run productive meetings and workshops.
Price: Starts at $9.99/user/month billed annually.
- Offers different frameworks to define different scenario maps and personas
- Helps add customized images
- Has integrated chat service
- Visual reports
- Classifications of ideas
- Performs slow sometimes
- Doesn’t offer real-time preview
G2 Rating: 4.6
“Mural creates space for creative thinking that can support transition between multiple hybrid, in person and virtual sessions. My favourite thing about Mural is that it allows persistent and on-going development of a set of ideas / concept over time – allowing people to input offline and sustain that input through further future review sessions. Mural has a largely intuitive UI and if you invest a little time as a facilitator to set up boards in smart ways in advance you can deliver some amazing workshop sessions.”
Mapovate can be considered a unique customer journey mapping software due to a feature that enables real-time customer feedback analytics. Mapovate is also quite easy to understand and is designed to support first-time users in drawing and visualizing their customers’ journeys right from the get-go.
- Customizable notifications and alerts for follow-up actions for each map and collaborate with your teams to improve CX.
- Wizard feature simplifies the process of creating journey maps.
- Ability to capture Voice of Customer (VOC) feedback with the help of a real-time reporting system.
- Users can notify key stakeholders in the organization about the customer’s pain points through emails.
- Users also get access to a learning bank to get a more detailed understanding of the journey maps.
- Reporting dashboard gives real-time data from the customers.
- All subscription plans include the Customer Experience Measurement Tool.
Best for: Visualizing customer experience and highlighting key areas that need to be focused on.
Price: Starts at $99/month.
- Canned templates
- Captures Voice of Customer feedback
- Shows cookies while browsing
- Very limited integrations
G2 Rating: 3.8
“It manage the customer journey over the website and provides all the analytics towards the transactions made so far. It helps in drawing, Visualize the customer experience by tracking their insights. It also follows the moments of the customer during their browsing over the portal and provide the stats which helps in purchase decisions. It helps in building the loyalty towards the brand of the organization. It also provide customer feedback and multiple touchpoints which ultimately increase the customer attention and provide the details on the journey map.”
Transformation is a touchpoint-focused customer journey mapping software that lets you collect all of your customer journey touchpoints in one place. Once you have them collected, you can clone the entire collection and edit them to create variants of customer journeys. Each touchpoint can be appended with rich detail. What’s more, various teams can also add details.
- Ability to collect all your touchpoints in one place and re-use them with the help of cloning.
- Drag-and-drop touch points onto versionable customer journey maps.
- Gather and input key details to the touchpoints to build knowledge and context around the maps.
- Create reusable touchpoints and map templates to speed up the time to insight and action.
- Ability to add more details to the reusable touchpoints and gather feedback from the team members.
- Ability to turn the touchpoints into visual context to understand what needs to be done.
Best for: Leveraging the insights gained from touchpoints and their connections to achieve business objectives.
Price: Available on request.
- Feedback loop update
- Lacks advanced features to create user flows
G2 Rating: 5 (Only 1 review available)
“This website helps people who work at a HR how to plan and emproves the knowledge about the career, also about the things that need to be done inside the work.”
Jive has developed its proprietary PeopleGraph™ technology to leverage machine learning (ML) for mapping connections within your digital ecosystem. Using this customer journey mapping tool, you can identify links “between people, content, and activities.”
This allows for immediate syncing of information about your customers’ experience with your digital product throughout your organization to keep all stakeholders on the same page without losing time.
- Enables 360-degree communication and brings remote teams of organizations closer.
- PeopleGraph understands the people and uses intelligence to deliver information whenever and wherever they need it.
- Ability to enhance the search capabilities by bringing in a Google-like search engine for the information architecture.
- User-friendly interface that delivers the most adoptive intranet and personalized dashboard for better engagement.
- Ability to import data from external data and build a comprehensive employee directory by synchronizing the data.
- Team members can submit and vote on ideas to select the best possible course of option.
- Ability to integrate with tons of popular tools like Google Sheets, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and many more.
Best for: Turning a dispersed organization into a close-knit community by igniting communication and influencing collaboration.
Price: Available on request.
Integrations: Jive2Jive, Microsoft Exchange, Jira, Evernote
- Facilitates collaboration between teams
- Has social features that increase engagement on content
- Limited integrations and difficult to integrate
G2 Rating: 3.8
“The fact that you can use it anywhere: a physical phone (purchasing the right LAN adapter) on an iPad or iPhone, and on the web in your computer. Also it offers constant updates that tend to make it better.”
6 Customer Experience Software & VoC Software
Such software adds the collection, sorting, and analysis of customer feedback to the process of recreating and testing the customer journey. The insights gained from customer feedback analysis are used to improve the journey for your customers, resulting in higher retention rates.
Companies with an accurate customer journey visualization program “earn 350% more revenue from customer referrals!” See more impressive stats about the positive effects of consumer journey mapping in this blog post by Mr. M. Hinshaw, President/CEO of McorpCX, written for ‘CMO by Adobe’
This beautiful web interface tool lets you drag and drop icons and text to define the customer journey. But Autopilot is more than a customer journey mapping tool.
The name implies that it helps you automate your marketing efforts across multiple channels according to the customer’s actions. Through the interface, you can not only define the experience, but you can also automate triggers to personalize the experience.
- Provides intelligent mobile-friendly insights along with onboarding and support packages.
- Allows you to instantly track and capture leads from different sources like blog posts, landing pages, and web pages.
- Inbuilt template directory to allow users to find journey ideas and best practices in creating visuals.
- Ability to send personalized and automated messages across the entire customer lifecycle.
- Users can also automate their sales and marketing workflow.
Best for: Automating the entire customer journey with visual marketing while helping you stay close to the customers.
Price: Starts at $49/month.
Integrations: Salesforce, Pipedrive
- Sync leads/prospects to CRM applications
- Lets you easily segment customers by the channels they interact with
- Easy to run campaigns
- Reporting and analytics needs improvement
- Limited customization in email builder
G2 Rating: 4.5
“Autopilot is the software that we use to create personalized journeys for our contacts to delight them and convert more leads. By tracking real-time activities of every contact we are able to convert sales easily and visualize the ROI of campaigns. Autopilot balances perfectly between power and easy of use by focusing entirely on providing usable yet powerful automation features that can be used by any business.”
You can use the merge tags from Autopilot’s customer data platform to send personalized messages to customers.
2. Clarivate (CFN Insight)
What you can do with it: In addition to building out a customer journey map with CFN Insight by Clarivate, you can also assign an owner to be accountable for each customer touchpoint. It provides an action-oriented system, which lets users create an action scorecard for tracking each task related to the customer.
- Managers get the ability to assign tasks to sales and CS teams across the organization while documenting each interaction.
- Customer data is processed and reviewed to automatically provide an internal path to assist teams with customer complaints.
- Gives customers the ability to constantly refresh their guides and address problem areas.
- Focuses on the customer experience to increase conversions.
- Has tons of standard and custom reports and custom views showing the journey data, which helps make smarter decisions.
Best for: Putting the focus on the touchpoints that create the maximum results out of all the touchpoints.
Price: Starts at $99/month.
Integrations: Manage Petro
- Helps link touch points to metrics
- No full-screen editing feature
G2 Rating: 5 (Only 1 review)
“Since this SaaS arrangement is worked for venture planning, it impeccably meets every one of my requirements for assisting my customers with making and keep up their touch focuses. Organizations frequently have many touch focuses, yet CFN Bits of knowledge can zero in the organization on the touch focuses that bring about the best return.”
MaritzCX (acquired by InMoment in 2020) suits big businesses quite well. Due to large numbers of customers, big businesses need data analytics and holistic CX management, which the MaritzCX/InMoment combination delivers without a hitch.
Their customer journey maps help in driving up customer retention rate and customer lifetime value (LTV) by ensuring complete coverage of your customers’ steps before, during, and after buying your product or service.
- Ability to manage all the big data from a single dashboard for the customer experience professionals and business leaders.
- Offers cutting-edge consultancy services like governance along with journey mapping.
- Ability to capture customer feedback either individually or collectively through case management and action planning tools.
- Uses text analytics to get to the bottom of the customer sentiment and organize feedback.
- All-in-one reporting platform is extremely easy to use.
- Ability to layer both text and sentiment analysis to guide your customers and insights.
Best for: Conducting market research through its market research software that uses the customer feedback for analysis and turns it into a competitive advantage.
Price: MaritzCX has a customized billing plan offered by InMoment.
Integrations: Marketo Engage, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Contentsquare
- No HTML knowledge required
- Detailed reports
- Sometimes offers inaccurate reports in CSV format
- Limited customization for surveys
G2 Rating: NA
“I think MaritzCX was a great option for internal and external surveys. I used it for feedback from clients who attended events. It gave me a clean report to show executive leadership about anything from venue, parking, food, and entertainment.”
InMoment is another incredible Voice of Customer tool that offers feedback collection and analytics features. It helps businesses enhance their customer experience by finding optimized solutions.
The tool offers cloud-native XI platform with various modules like Employee Experience Cloud, Customer Experience Cloud, and Market Experience Cloud. If you’re looking for a customer experience suite, this is it.
- Offers various customer journey maps to improve customer experience and decrease churn rates of businesses.
- Allows you to manages big data from the dashboard.
- Comes with action planning tools and also facilitates case management to collect overall and individual feedback.
- Gauges customer sentiment using its text and sentiment analysis features.
- Has an all-in-one reporting platform to make it easy to analyze feedback.
Best for: Customer feedback analysis, market research, employee research & management
Price: Available on request
Integrations: Salesforce, Zendesk, Gainsight
- Facilitates holistic CX management
- Boosts customer lifetime value
- Lack of customization
- No survey templates
G2 rating: 4.7
“We are able to collect post-purchase customer feedback to keep a pulse on the key elements of customer service that differentiate us in the market. The inMoment platform is easy to use and the dashboards provide the insights we need from a high-level look down to individual store level.”
You can create an ROI-focused CX program with InMoment.
UserZoom is an advanced UX insights-identification solution. It can help in creating empathetic customer journey maps that replicate what your digital product’s users think and act by tracking their behavior. Your product teams will be able to build a useful product and simultaneously identify areas of improvement through user testing using UserZoom.
The customer feedback can be shared quickly with stakeholders for delivering great UX to your customers. If your digital product needs to evolve rapidly to keep up with your competition, UserZoom is a great asset.
- Easy to use platform with simple navigation.
- Allows businesses to source users for testing with the help of automated sourcing engines.
- Businesses have the ability to also source participants through their own channels like social media, emails, and more.
- Data gathering functionality allows users to capture qualitative UX insights via usability testing.
- Ability to analyze metrics such as success rates, time on page, page views, clicks, and more
- Non-coders can easily create mockups of enhanced prototypes to evaluate design concepts.
Best for: Collecting user feedback and gathering actionable insights along with usability benchmarking and informative architecture research.
Price: Available on request.
Integrations: Dropbox, Delighted AdobeXD
- Eliminates the need for separate tools to design & test prototypes.
- Offers more usability testing methods than other similar tools.
- UserZoom Go is perfect for moderated testing. We liked the feature of a virtual observation room for stakeholders.
- Video editor needs improvement
- Slight learning curve
G2 Rating: 4.2
“I work for a startup, and while we had a number of choices for user testing, UserZoom was the most affordable and flexible option. We’re able to run unmoderated tests for all our products as well as record and coordinate user interviews. The ability to speed up video playback and create clips is crucial for telling our user’s story.”
6. Touchpoint Dashboard
With Touchpoint Dashboard, you can make custom journey maps using their varied templates and dashboard. The touchpoints support drag and drop functionality, so the process is pretty easy – even fun!
The software lets you assign a specific priority to each touchpoint. The fun factor is enhanced by the feature that lets you put images, audio, and video within the touchpoints, giving you a novel way to represent the customer journey.
- Lets you create and cancel touchpoints with high accuracy and speed.
- Very suitable for business communication, presentations, and customer mapping.
- Extremely easy-to-use program with a self-explanatory user interface.
- Compatible as a website application and for mobile devices as well.
- Enables the users to draw on over 250 selection criteria to create a list of users based on different demographics and criteria.
- Ability to send customizable emails and text messages directly from the database to every member.
Best for: Easily visualizing the experience that customer holds and mapping their interaction.
Price: Available on request.
- Speedy and accurate in terms of data
- Data analysis through charts
- Unorganized data in reports
G2 Rating: 3.8
“The whole system is very nimble and pretty fast. It makes it very easy to use and the whole system is very intuitive. Less frustrating compared to the other prospective alternatives out there.”
10 Essential Features of Customer Journey Mapping Software
A customer journey mapping software should have certain features to warrant inclusion in our best customer journey mapping tools list. Here are a few we feel are must-haves that you should definitely look out for:
1. Template-Based Map Design
There should be no need to know how to code to create a customer journey map because the user journey software you select should have point-and-click customer journey map creation from template functionality.
2. Quick Editing & Map Creation
If you create new products and services regularly or need to respond quickly to changing customer demands, you need the option of creating your customer journey maps in a jiffy.
3. Instant Shareability Across Teams
To make sure that every person who is involved in your customer journey is on the same page, you need to share your maps. So, the software you select should let you share customer journey maps easily with teams and employees.
4. Collaboration in Real-Time
To leverage shareability effectively, you need the customer journey mapping tool to allow your teams across the organization to communicate and work on (or use) the map in real-time. The permissions to view, edit, and create journey maps need to have granular control as well.
5. Customer Feedback Data Analytics
The map you create needs to be built using empirical data that you may or may not have collected beforehand. If you have good quality data with you, it really makes sense to select a user journey mapping tool that has an analytics feature. This will make your customer journey map more accurate, thus making your strategic decisions based on it much better-informed.
6. Customer Action Tracking
A good customer mapping tool tracks the actions of the customer right from the point they become aware of your brand to their post-purchase experiences. When you can empathize with their actions through their journey, you are better positioned to wow them with awesome CX.
7. Customer Persona Creation
A customer mapping software may include a feature that lets you create personas that help familiarize your sales, marketing, and support teams with the kind of people they are going to be dealing with on a day-to-day basis.
To get a better idea, check out this guide on how to create accurate customer personas.
8. Multi-Channel Customer Feedback Data Integration
Selecting the best mapping software should also take into account the possibility of integrations with both online and offline customer data sources from other software like Salesforce and HubSpot. This is because you may have a preferred customer experience management software already running for your business, so its data should be used to map customer journeys.
9. Unlimited Number of Customer Journey Maps
To cover many target demographic segments of customers, you need lots of maps that lay out each customer type’s journey. So, the selected software should impose no limits on the number of either customer personas (if it has the functionality to create them) or the number of maps.
Tip: Make as many maps as you need because you shouldn’t have to stick to a single customer journey mapping template that doesn’t suit your overall customer journey framework.
10. Easy to Interpret Customer Journey Maps
The visual appeal of customer journey maps is not to be taken lightly. You and your customer satisfaction and success teams will be able to relate better to customers if they can see clear icons, animated actions, and (if possible) drawings that represent your target customer(s).
Now that you know how to choose a customer journey map tool, let’s have a look at what you can choose from.
The Combined Power of Customer Feedback & Journey Maps
A customer journey map will give you many opportunities to make the customer experience better. But how will you know if your attempts at doing so are working?
Combining customer feedback with customer journey maps lets you measure how well your CX improvement plan is working. Choose the right kind of survey (or simply use one of the templates), integrate the survey responses with your favorite tools and software, and voila!
Some advantages of using the powerful combination of customer feedback and journey maps:
- Higher return on marketing (& other) investments
- Improvement in customer support (and retention rate)
- Better word-of-mouth marketing & social proof
- Increased NPS & chances of customer referrals
- More opportunities for cross-selling & up-selling
When you collect relevant customer feedback and merge it with your accurate customer journey map, your business can benefit from the faster implementation of improvements and insights.
Related Read: Check out our comprehensive list of Best Customer Feedback Tools for 2024 that help you collect user feedback intelligently.
Create Customer Journeys That Retain Customers
So, this was our take on the top considerations for customer journey mapping tools. Whether you’re an offline or an online business, having a well thought and mapped-out customer journey is a must.
It ensures that your leads have a seamless experience at every touchpoint and get what they are looking for, leading to higher conversions.
Although an overwhelming process, you can make it easier and do it effectively using reliable tools for customer journey mapping. For example, you can use a user journey mapping tool like LucidChart to draw and visualize your customer journey.
And if you already have multiple journeys in place, you can use a customer journey mapping software like Qualaroo to launch microsurveys on crucial touchpoints and closely track customer experience and how you can improve the customer journeys.
Want insights that improve experience & conversions?
Capture customer feedback to improve customer experience & grow conversions.