In the post-pandemic era, events have become an essential part of our lives. And with every passing day, the expectations of attendees are getting higher.
It means that event organizers have to up their game to meet attendees’ expectations. That’s where event survey questions come in handy.
Event survey questions are a great way to get feedback from attendees and improve future events. By asking the right questions, you can gain valuable insights into what worked well, what could be improved, and what attendees would like to see in the future.
Whether you are organizing a business conference or a charity fundraiser, getting feedback from attendees is crucial to improving the overall experience.
In this blog, we will uncover 35 essential event survey questions and discover how they can help you improve your events. Let’s get started.
What Is an Event Survey?
An event survey is a questionnaire or feedback mechanism designed to gather information and feedback from attendees or participants of an event, such as a conference, seminar, trade show, workshop, concert, festival, wedding, or any other gathering.
The primary purpose of an event survey is to collect valuable insights, opinions, and data to help event organizers assess their event’s success, understand attendees’ needs and preferences, and make improvements for future events.
On top of that, participants are invited to comment on the effectiveness of event materials and offer suggestions for improvement. Event surveys can be administered via various means, including online surveys, kiosks, mobile apps, email, and SMS.
35 Best Event Survey Questions
Here are 35 of the most impactful event survey questions, categorized into two parts— pre-event survey questions and post-event survey questions. Let’s take a look:
Pre-Event Survey Questions
Pre-event survey questions are a set of inquiries designed to gather valuable insights and information from prospective event attendees before the actual event takes place.
- What motivated you to register for this event?
- What do you hope to gain or learn from attending this event?
- How often do you attend events like this?
- Have you attended any of our previous events?
- How did you learn about this event?
- What type of content/sessions are you most interested in attending?
- Do you plan to network with other attendees during the event?
- What are your expectations for the venue and overall logistics of the event?
- Is there anything that would prevent you from attending the event?
- Is there anything else you’d like to share in advance of the event that would help us improve your experience?
You can leverage Qualaroo to conduct pre-event surveys on your website. Collect participants’ feedback while they are registering for your event.
Post-Event Survey Questions
Post-event survey questions are a set of inquiries designed to collect feedback and insights from attendees after an event has taken place.
Overall Event Experience
- How would you rate your overall experience at the event?
- Did the event meet your expectations?
- Which aspects of the event did you enjoy the most?
- Were there any aspects of the event that you found disappointing?
- How likely are you to recommend this event to others?
- What suggestions do you have to improve the overall event experience?
Speaker and Panel Discussions
- How would you rate the relevance and quality of the speakers/panelists?
- Did the speakers/panelists effectively address the topic(s) of interest?
- Did you find the presentations engaging and informative?
- Were there any specific speaker(s)/panelist(s) who stood out to you? Why?
- Did you find the question-and-answer sessions valuable?
- Did you have ample opportunities to network and connect with other attendees?
- How helpful were the networking activities provided?
- Did you make any valuable connections during the event?
- Would you have liked to see more networking activities incorporated?
Logistics and Event Organization
- How would you rate the event venue and its facilities?
- Was the event well-organized in terms of scheduling and timing?
- Were the event materials and resources provided helpful?
- Did you encounter any issues with registration or check-in processes?
- How satisfied were you with the event’s catering and refreshments?
Future Event Suggestions
- What topics or themes would you be interested in for future events?
- Are there any specific speakers or experts you would like to see at future events?
- What type of sessions or workshops would you like us to organize?
- How likely are you to attend a future event organized by us?
- Any additional feedback or suggestions for improving future events?
You can leverage ProProfs Survey Maker to conduct post-event surveys and collect participants’ feedback using email survey links.
Why Are Event Surveys Important?
Event surveys are essential tools that empower organizers to make data-driven decisions, enhance attendee satisfaction, and continuously improve their events. Let’s take a look at 5 reasons as to why they are important:
Measure Attendee Satisfaction
When it comes to measuring attendee satisfaction, event surveys offer a unique opportunity for organizers to gather feedback on various aspects of the event, including the speakers, sessions, event material, logistics, and overall experience.
By examining responses and identifying successful areas and those in need of improvement, organizers gain critical insights for future planning, ensuring increased attendee satisfaction.
Identify Areas for Improvement
Post-event survey questions provide an opportunity for participants to voice any concerns or suggestions they may have regarding the event.
By analyzing survey responses, organizers can pinpoint areas that need improvement, such as session content, networking opportunities, or logistical issues. This feedback helps organizers make necessary adjustments and deliver a better experience in future events.
Measure Event Success
Event surveys enable organizers to assess the overall success of an event. By including questions about event objectives, attendee expectations, and perceived value, organizers can determine if the event met its intended goals.
The information is valuable for evaluating the effectiveness and impact of the event and making strategic decisions for future events.
Tailor Future Events to Attendees’ Needs
Through event surveys, organizers acquire valuable insights into attendees’ preferences and desires. Knowing what participants value allows organizers to tailor future events to their needs, resulting in a more relevant and engaging experience.
Adjusting session topics, selecting speakers based on attendee interests, or incorporating specific networking opportunities are just a few ways event organizers can match participants’ preferences to enhance future events.
Enhance Event Planning and Strategy
Insights obtained through feedback surveys for the event helps organizers improve event planning and strategy. By analyzing survey responses, organizers can identify patterns, trends, and areas of strength or weaknesses.
This information can be used to refine event marketing strategies, modify event formats, allocate resources efficiently, and make data-driven decisions for better event outcomes.
Tips to Create Effective Event Surveys
Your event surveys are only as effective as the strategies you use to deploy them. Here are some dos and don’ts to maximize the effectiveness of your survey campaigns.
Target the Right Audience
Asking the right questions to the right people is inarguably the most important thing to keep in mind if you wish to gain reliable and contextual insights.
You cannot ask a question that your audience does not find relevant or is unable to understand. They’ll just end up skipping that question or giving you the wrong information to work with.
That’s why it’s important to ensure that the questions you ask your audience are easy to understand and relevant and add value to your feedback collection process.
Also, survey tools like Qualaroo offer professionally designed built-in templates to help you always ask the right questions to the right people.
Read More: What Survey Questions Should I Ask?
Use Open-Ended Question Type
You cannot truly get into users’ thought processes by giving them a set of options to choose from in your brand awareness questionnaires.
Want to help customers speak their minds?
Ask open-ended follow-up questions to an option-based question to add context to the data and explore the reason behind their answer selection.
These questions will let in some great insights from your engaged and aware users who can help you build better products and deliver better services through feedback.
You can easily do this using the branching logic of your online feedback tool. Just guide your users to the open-ended question once they select a specific answer.
Use Brand Tracking Software
Brand awareness is a reflection of your brand’s overall health. To accurately understand how well your brand is performing in the market, you’ll have to monitor it constantly to track changes with time.
A brand tracking software can help you do just that by tracking and analyzing the growth of your brand.
Here, a tool like Hootsuite can work amazingly well in measuring brand awareness by monitoring market trends and competitors in real-time through powerful and intuitive dashboards.
You can also use survey tools like Qualaroo, which can help you track important KPIs like brand awareness, brand loyalty, and brand perception through contextual on-site and in-app NPS (Net Promoter Score), CSAT (Customer Satisfaction score), and other satisfaction metrics.
Pro Tip: Check out these survey errors that you should avoid to collect valuable insights.
Host Spectacular Events With Actionable Insights
When you’re planning any kind of event, whether it’s online or in person, it takes a lot of time and hard work. Making a survey for people to answer before the event can help you understand what guests expect so you can make the event better for them.
After the event, if you ask guests about their thoughts and event experience through a survey, you can learn where you still need to improve. Their feedback can help you build better relationships and partnerships, leading to successful future events.
The good news is, in our digital age, it’s easy to get this feedback using the right tools. Just use our list of event survey questions and sign up for an online survey tool, and you’ll be on your way to hosting your most successful event in no time.
Want insights that improve experience & conversions?
Capture customer feedback to improve customer experience & grow conversions.