Revision date: December 16, 2019
Qualaroo provides an online user research platform for use in collecting and analyzing user experience information for websites and other software applications and online services. Most of our customers are business entities or other organizations. Qualaroo’s main office is in San Antonio, Texas and it offers its services to customers worldwide.
How to Contact Us
Email: email@example.com or via mail: Qualaroo – 122 East Houston St, San Antonio TX 78205.
- account user means an individual who interacts with us as a representative of our customer;
- customer means the business or other organization that establishes an account with us or our reseller for the use of our services;
- end user means an individual who views or interacts with our customers’ website, software, online service, or other technology or digital publication;
- services means the Qualaroo automated user research platform;
- “visitor” means an individual who visits the Qualaroo website or social media pages, visits our offices, interacts with us at a trade show or other industry event, or communicates with us in some other way other than as an account user or end user, or whose information is provided to us by a marketing services vendor as an individual who might be interested in purchasing our services;
- “we”, “our” and “us” refer to Qualaroo, Inc.;
- “you” and “your” refer to visitors, account users, and end users, as indicated by the context.
Data Collection Purposes
We collect personal data for the following business purposes:
- to operate our website;
- to improve our website and product offerings;
- to market our services;
- to manage our relationship with our customers, including account administration;
- to provide our online services to our customers;
- to provide customer support; and
- to manage our vendors.
We allow third party advertisers, such as Google Ads to collect personal data on our site for the purpose of selling targeted advertisement services. See Advertising Ecosystem and How to Opt Out of Online Date Collection below.
Data Collection Methods
Automated data collection on our website and online services platform
When you visit our site or use our online services platform, our servers capture data that may be used to identify you or your device, such as your IP address, device identifier, and information about your device such as the operating system, time zone setting, language setting, browser settings, and browser plug ins. Our servers may also capture information about your visit to our site or services platform, such as the referring site, time and duration of your visit on each page on the site, and your navigation path from page to page (i.e., what you click on). We may use third-party service providers to capture other information about your site visit, such as recordings of your scrolling activity.
We and our third-party analytics providers may place a cookie on your browser so that we may identify you as a return visitor if you visit our site more than once. Please see How to Opt Out of Online Data Collection below for information on how to block cookies.
Data provided by advertisers
If you arrive at our site by clicking on a link that is part of an online advertisement (including an advertisement on a social media platform), the advertising service will identify the link, enabling us to associate you with the advertising parameters we provided to the advertising service. For example, we may ask an advertising service to target our ad to individuals who the ad service has identified as having a high interest in user experience research. If you arrive at our site by means of the link in that ad, we will be able to identify you as having a high interest in user experience research. Advertising services are responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of the data they provide to us in accordance with their published privacy policies. See the section below captioned Advertising Ecosystem and How to Opt Out of Online Data Collection.
Data provided by you as part of your communications with us
We collect personal data that you submit to us as part of a communication with us as a visitor or account user, such as via chat on our site, email, submission of a web form, telephone, or in person (such as at a meeting, trade show or other event). For example, you may communicate with us as a visitor to obtain more information about our services, or as an account user to request technical support. The communication may include information that can be used to identify you such as your name, job title, job function, the organization you represent, email address, phone number as well as information about your interest in our company or our services. We do not solicit information from you as part of these communications other than information that is useful to us in light of the purposes described above, but if you choose to volunteer more personal information than we ask for we will collect that as part of the communication.
Data provided by you or your organization to establish and maintain the Qualaroo account
Our customers are required to name billing, administrative, technical and other types of service and account users who have authority to use our services and manage the customer’s account. We collect the name and business contact information of these account representatives, and will require each individual account representative to establish their own set of account credentials (user name and password). If the customer wishes to integrate our services with other online services, we may need the customer to provide the account credentials used by their representatives on those platforms.
If you use a personal payment card or other financial account to make payment arrangements, then we may collect information relevant to the processing of the payment transaction.
Marketing Vendors, Partners, and Resellers
We may develop relationships with other companies that help us market, sell and deliver our services. They may collect personal data of the type described above using the methods described above and provide that data to us. For example, we may develop relationships with companies who refer customers to us and resellers who offer our services under the reseller’s own brand name. We will treat personal information we receive from our marketing partners and resellers the same as the personal information we collect directly.
We may elect to purchase information from marketing vendors who provide names and other identifying and contact information of individuals who meet criteria we provide for marketing leads.
Combinations of data collected using different methods
We may use service providers such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Segment, and HubSpot to help us associate the personal data we capture about you as part of visitor interactions with personal data we collect about you as an account user.
We do not associate data about visitors or account users with personal information we have about you as an end user.
Visitors: We use data collected about visitors:
- to operate our website – web servers, by their nature, must capture your IP address and information about your browser and device to display our site to you;
- to develop our website and help us develop our product offerings – we use visitor information to help us understand what part of our website and product offerings is of interest to different kinds of visitors so that we can modify and improve our site content and other marketing materials to be more appealing to prospective customers; we may also use the information about your site visits and other visitor interactions to help us measure interest in our services or various features of our services;
- to show you personalized content when you visit our site – we use information about your prior visit to our site to customize your subsequent visits; for example, we may display a specific landing page, or make more visible to you information about products or services that appear to be of interest to you based on your prior visit;
- to measure the success of our advertising efforts – we use visitor information to verify whether the ad services we purchase from third parties are actually resulting in visits to our site or other visitor interactions;
- to register you for webinars, office visits, or other online or off-line events we may host;
- to communicate with you as part of our marketing efforts – if you provide us with contact information we may use it to send you communications about our company, our products or services, or related topics that we think you may find of interest;
Account Users: we use data collected about accounts users (alone or as combined with visitor data about the same individual (such as pre-login activity on the Site):
- to provide our online services – we use login credentials to authenticate individuals as authorized users of our services; we use data collected by our servers as necessary to provide the services
- to contact you, such as to send invoices and other account communications, authenticate individuals who request information or support on the customer’s behalf, and administer the customer’s account, such as processing billing information to complete purchases;
- to review compliance with usage terms in our services agreements; for example if the customer’s use of our services is limited to a certain number of individuals we may use personal data to help us monitor compliance with the usage restrictions;
- to help us develop our service offerings – we use information about your use of our services to measure interest in various features and plan enhancements or new features, and to improve user experience;
- to communicate with you as part of our marketing efforts – we use contact information and information about your use of our services to send you communications about our products or services, or related topics that we think you may find of interest; and
- to market our services – if you provide a customer testimonial or other content for marketing purposes we will publish the content with your name or other identifying information that you authorize us to use; if you agree that we may use you as a reference, we may provide your name and contact information to prospective customers for our services so that they may contact you to discuss your experience with our services.
Qualaroo may aggregate end user data of various customers and use the aggregate data to improve its service offerings. This aggregated data will be collected in a way that it cannot be re-identified with any personal data of any end user.
Requests to access, amend, delete or restrict the use of your personal data
Please send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know what personal data we have about you, or would like us to correct inaccurate data, delete your personal data, or restrict the use of your personal data. We commit to responding to your request promptly and honoring your reasonable requests. We will comply with all applicable legal requirements related to your requests, but please note that we are not required by law to delete or restrict the use of your data in a way that prevents us from complying with our legal obligations to our customer or that interferes with our reasonable record keeping as necessary to demonstrate compliance with our contracts and applicable law.
Additional Information for California Visitors, Account Users
In addition to our commitments stated above, if our collection of personal information about you for our business purposes is covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act you have certain rights under that law.
You may request disclosure of the following specific information:
- the categories of personal information as well as the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you for our business purposes over the prior 12 months:
- the categories of sources from which we have collected that personal information,
- our purpose(s) for collecting that personal information,
- the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information, such as our service providers, and
- whether we have sold the personal information to third parties or disclosed the information to third parties for a business purpose, and if so the categories of personal information and third parties.
In addition, you have the right to ask Qualaroo to delete your personal information. We will comply with your deletion request and require our service providers to do the same, unless we plan to retain the personal information on a legally permitted basis and we give you notice of this fact and the legal basis on which we rely.
You may make a request by calling our toll-free number 1-888-449-3364 or by sending an email to email@example.com or physical mail request to the addresses above.
Before responding to your request we may ask you to provide information needed to verify that you are the consumer (or have authorization from the consumer) whose personal information is covered by the request.
We may not discriminate against you because you make a request described in this Section by denying you our services or providing a different quality or price for our services, unless the different service or price is reasonably related to the value provided to you by your data.
End User Data
Please contact us at the address above if you have questions or concerns regarding our processing of data we may have about you as our customer’s end user. We ask, however, that your first contact our customer if you have a request to access, block, erase or take other action with respect to that data.
We have not sold or leased personal data, and will not sell or lease your personal data unless you give us your consent to do so.
Please note, however, that the California Consumer Privacy Act includes a definition of “sale” that may include permitting third party advertisers to collect data about our Site visitors for use as part of their advertising services generally. During the prior 12 months we have permitted Google Ads to collect data on our site by means of advertising cookies. See the section below captioned Advertising Ecosystem and How to Opt Out of Online Data Collection.
Except as part of our of ad services, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties except as follows:
This may include exchanging information with government regulatory or law enforcement agencies, or with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and legal compliance.
Sale of Business
As part of a sale of a sales of business assets where the purchaser needs the personal data to use the assets.
We may in the future sell all or part of our assets or be involved in a merger. We may provide the company that is seeking to acquire our business with access to personal data as part of their evaluation of our business, but will require them to maintain the personal data in confidence and use it only to evaluate our business. If we complete a transaction, it is customary to transfer personal data that is related to the purchased business assets to the purchaser.
We use the services of companies like the ones listed below to collect data on our behalf or to help us analyze, store, manage and otherwise process your personal data. Each of these companies commits in its contract with us to use the personal data only according to our contract with them or our other instructions as necessary to support our business. They are not authorized to use your personal data for any other purpose. They are not authorized to disclose your personal data to others except with our permission, and only if they require the others to comply with the same restrictions that apply to them.
We may use online advertising services that enable a practice referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” These services aggregate data about an individual’s behavior on many different sites and online services, and use that data to sell targeted advertising services. For example, we permit Google’s advertising services to collect data about your behavior on the Qualaroo Site, as do many other website operators who use Google’s ad services. Google combines the data about an individual that it collects from different sources, and uses this aggregate data to sell advertising services that target the display of ads to web users who meet certain behavioral criteria. Google does not disclose this aggregate data to Qualaroo, but we are able to infer that users who interact with our ad meet the advertising criteria we provided. Google collects this data using cookies, web server logs (its own and its advertising customers), clear gifs and other online data collection techniques. See Online Data Collection Techniques and How to Opt Out of Online Data Collection.
Online Data Collection Techniques
A cookie is a unique alphanumeric identifier that is placed by a web server on the web visitor’s browser. Cookies are used to analyse visitors’ use of the website. For example, a website operator can use the cookie to identify the number of unique visitors to the site, whether or not those visitors are repeat visitors, and information about the visitor’s activity on the site, device and device settings. A tracking pixel, also known as a web bug or web beacon, is a small graphic (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) invisible to the eye, that is embedded in web content or email. When content that has an embedded web beacon is viewed, the browser will request content from a web server, which in turn will set a cookie.
How To Opt Out Of Online Data Collection
Visitors can opt out of all but essential cookies using this Cookie Opt Out feature: https://qualaroo.com/cookie-opt-out/.
You can also manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Our servers do recognize and respond to the “do not track” setting you may have in your browser.
The third parties who we permit to collect data on our site have features that allow you to block their data collection via cookies. See their privacy policies and cookie policies:
If you do not wish to receive our email or other communications, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to ten days to remove your contact information from our marketing communications lists, so you may receive correspondence from us for a short time after you make your request.
Children are not permitted to use our site or services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Sites unless you have involved your parent or guardian. If we discover that we have information about a child we will delete that information. If you are the parent or guardian of a child and you believe we have personal data about the child without your consent, please contact us at the address appearing at the top of this page and we will delete that information.
Qualaroo protects personal data from unauthorized use, disclosure, corruption and destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, and to comply with our legal obligations, and will use a secure means to destroy the data after that time. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
- Qualaroo has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. Data subjects in the EU and in Switzerland who do not receive timely acknowledgment of their complaint, or fee that their complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, should visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint. The services of the Better Business Bureau are provided at no cost to you.
- Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel. See https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
- The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Qualaroo’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
- As a Privacy Shield organization we remain liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if our agent processes your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless we proves that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.